Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > no more reflashing from m908p and maxifl...
no more reflashing from m908p and maxiflash?

5094 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-23 16:17:47

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    kernelchecksum
    2015-04-11 19:47:17
     been connecting to lots of cars to see what i can do. i never see flashing options on any. am i going to have to buy a laptop to do reflashes with oem software? i have watched youtube videos on reflashing through scan tool befor i bought this tool and thats the primary reason of why i purchased the pro modle vs the regular one. the disclaimer for legal distpute with ford said no feature would be removed...

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-04-12 10:52:00 (Reply to:kernelchecksum)

Thanks for weighing in on what you are finding. Did you try on mostly CAN network 2006 and newer, and what brands did you try?

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    kernelchecksum
    2015-04-12 22:09:40 (Reply to:witsend)
     Pontiac GXP, 06 expedition 3v, and a 07 charger. 06 ford had reprogramming section but didn't have one for ecu. but i do remember it had for pats and some other module like the ic. having to buy a laptop wouldn't be that negative though.... seems to do pretty much every thing that verus can do and more paired with the new scope.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-04-13 02:51:11 (Reply to:kernelchecksum)

We can do that programming connecting your MaxiFlash Pro to your laptop. It's very easy. I've done in almost all brands. That is the beauty of this tool. If you can't do it with Maxisys, do it online! If you need any guidance please be free to contact me.

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    kernelchecksum
    2015-04-13 19:39:27 (Reply to:Pedro)
      basicly what i am wondering is that if the maxisys pro can still flash the ecu's that it could befor. I was aware that i needed a laptop to do most cars any way because the dealer i bought from told me. this is a fantastic tool for the money though. the only thing the verus seems to have an edge on is the sampleing rate for graphing is much much better. but this tool can do things that you never think it could. on one car it looked like it would let me chnge the mileage on ecu..... dont know for sure because i didnt press ok when i chnged it, i pressed cancel. i dont toy with customers cars.

If i come across as being ignorant on car programming its because i am lol. I read my first post and i thought it seemed to negative, i have nothing against this tool.  I research the autel a year befor deciding to buy it, and demoed it multipul times against the verus. also the last shop i worked at had a old 708 and a solus edge. In over all capability 908>verus. price of course 908>>>verus. never used a scope befor so that feature at the time never bugged me. i bought the 908p instead of 908 for the potential to keep customers in house without having to wait 2 days for guy we used for flashing to show up. Also to hook up my loyal customers thar followed me to new shop.

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-04-14 12:48:47 (Reply to:kernelchecksum)

Ok, let see if I understand you. You need to flash some ECU. Some of that flashing options is not available in your Maxisys, right? So, in that case you have to do it by OEM websites. First install the Autel software that came in the CD. Then make a register in the brand that you want to work. In some of them you need to download some software. But all of them have simple instructions that explain how to do the connection.

If you need to do a ECU resetting, you don't have that option available, because the brands don't have to. And, by now, Autel follows all the brand protocol.

But, in some ECU can accepted to be coding and programming more than one time and in different cars. But that will depend of the brand of the car, model of the car, year of the car, ECU brand, etc.

I hope I have answer your doubts.

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    kernelchecksum
    2015-04-14 19:25:53 (Reply to:Pedro)
     Oh I think im getting the picture now. The autel software for the pc is being used to essentially transfer the file to the maxisys or pass through device? Also i am guessing that's what the Ethernet cable is for connecting the maxiflash through maxisys to the pc? Or the maxisys pc suite is allowing you to use some of the OEM  functions through the maxisys tablet? I apologize for my ignorance and wasting your time but your help is greatly appreciated. I feel as if i should be paying you lol.

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2015-04-20 09:21:25 (Reply to:kernelchecksum)

There is not much in the way of programming available through the tablet itself . From what I understand only some bmw and Mercedes. Personally I would not trust it through there tablet anyhow. I don't need to be buying modules because autel gave me bad files to load. What you can do it use you Ethernet or usb cable to attach the VCI to your laptop and use the car manufactures software to program with using a subscription from the manufacture.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-04-21 02:08:14 (Reply to:kernelchecksum)

Reflashing is supported for BENZ and BMW.
    http://104.171.4.62:8800/Download/Veh/MaxiSysPro/Benz/en_about.pdf
    http://104.171.4.62:8800/Download/Veh/MaxiSysPro/Bmw/en_about.pdf

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-04-21 18:27:12 (Reply to:Autel Support)

And it's available the same functions in 908 P and 905?

But do you do any ECU online update in Benz?
  Total2 Pages